Fundraising Dinner 2015
- Saturday May 23, 2015. At Kelowna Curling Club Lounge, 551 Recreation Ave, Kelowna, BC. (same location as in previous years)
- Speaker: Bob McDonald, CBC Radio’s Quirks and Quarks and author of “Canadian Spacewalkers”
- Time: 5:00pm Meet/Drinks; 6:00pm Dinner; 7:30pm Bob McDonald Presentation (presentation only public can enter at 7:00pm)
- Tickets: Dinner and Speaker: $40 each (sold through members at monthly meetings or contact David Hawkins );
- Tickets: Speaker only: $20; will be available through SelectYourTickets.com or at Prospera Place (Kelowna) Box Office; Limited Seating. Any remaining tickets will be $25 cash at the Door.
- See poster
Starting in 2012, the RASC-OC has endeavoured to raise these funds by hosting a Dinner and Public Speaker night with silent auction.
The Okanagan Observatory is a volunteer run, free to the public observatorynear Big White Mountain. It is a key part of our Outreach Program that reaches over 7000 people per year at over 125 public events. This project requires annual operating funds of $5000.
This special facility has a member built 25" telescope, amphitheatre seating and level surfacing accessible for those in wheel chairs or who have difficulty in the dark.
For last year's event click here.